July 29, 1977
The Cook-Morrow House was added to the National Register of Historic Places as a handsome example of American Eclectic architecture, blending various styles. Completed in 1909, the house was cited for its historical and architectural significance. That historical significance is tied to its builder, Colonel Virgil Y. Cook, and to the three generations of his family who occupied the house for almost 100 years. Born in Boydsville, Kentucky, in 1848, Cook moved to Grand Glaise (Jackson County) in 1866, where he entered the mercantile business.