December 28, 1905
The Little Rock City Council approved $150,000 to build the current Little Rock City Hall. Work on the new city hall started on November 4, 1906, and a grand-opening celebration for the three-story building featuring decorative stone was held on April 15, 1908. From 1929 to 1942, the third floor of the building was home to the Museum of Natural Science and Antiquities, precursor to the Museum of Discovery. Thompsons original design included a dome, but a popular vote in 1955 decided that it should be torn down; it was demolished in 1956.