Mission and Goals Statement
The mission of the CALS Encyclopedia of Arkansas is to collect and disseminate information on all aspects of the state’s history and culture and to provide a comprehensive reference work for historians, teachers, students, and individuals for the purpose of promoting the study, understanding, and appreciation of Arkansas’s heritage.
Goals that support this mission include the following:
- Developing a collaborative project that draws upon the expertise of various groups and individuals with an interest in Arkansas history and culture
- Using publishing formats that permit the CALS Encyclopedia of Arkansas to serve a wide range of needs and interests
- Creating a web-based product that will be continually updated and made accessible to the widest possible audience
- Working with educators to ensure that the CALS Encyclopedia of Arkansas’s content and structure will effectively support the teaching of Arkansas history
- Providing reliable, basic information on a wide range of topics with resources to direct the user to more in-depth information