August 25, 2011
The Jacob Wolf House is the oldest public structure in Arkansas. Built in 1829 by Major Jacob Wolf, it served as the Izard County Courthouse for approximately six years and then was the private residence of the Wolf family. This photo shows the two-story dog-trot-style house in about 1910. The property, which is now owned by Baxter County, went through a major restoration in 2002.