Leake-Ingham Library

Built in 1850 in Camden (Ouachita County) as a law office for attorney William W. Leake, the Greek Revival-style Leake-Ingham Building later housed Camden’s office of the Federal Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen and Abandoned Lands (Freedmen’s Bureau). The building also once functioned as Ouachita County’s first library.

small white building with columns and glass windows

Photo by Teresa Harris