December 4, 1966
The first broadcast by the Arkansas Education Television Network (AETN) was aired, using a single transmitter. The station, located on land provided by Arkansas State Teachers College (now the University of Central Arkansas) in Conway (Faulkner County), started in June 1954 with financial support from Conway Corporation in addition to funds provided by the state legislature. Over the next fifteen years, fourteen transmitters covering virtually the entire state were added. There is now a statewide network, broadcasting twenty-four hours a day, with six digital transmitters distributed throughout the state. It has received many regional, national, and international awards, in addition to several Emmys, for its productions.