May 19, 1922
An unnamed theater opened in what was then known as the Breckenridge Building in Pine Bluff (Jefferson County). A contest was held for a prize of $100 to give the theater a name. One hundred people shared the prize for naming it the Berbig Theatre Company, as it was managed by local pharmacist Frederick C. Berbig. The community-owned business, which had a sound-proof room where mothers could take their crying babies and still be able to watch the movie, was later renamed the Community Theatre. It was used by the Pine Bluff Film Festival during its run of operation, 1994–2008. It was then purchased and operated by a local non-profit agency, and renovations were completed in 2013.