April 25, 1908
The Blytheville, Leachville and Arkansas Southern Railroad (BL&AS) was incorporated. The railroad had first come to Leachville (Mississippi County) in 1899 with the Jonesboro, Lake City and Eastern Railroad. The railroad was a significant industry in the town for many years. The BL&AS depot at 2nd & McNamee is now privately owned and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in June 1992.