February 1, 1910
A grand opening was held for the Little Rock Public Library at Seventh and Louisiana streets, and the library officially opened on February 2, with 500 people applying for library cards that day. The library opened with a staff of two women and a janitor, and it had 2,160 books. Much of the cost of the library was underwritten by an $88,100 donation from the Carnegie Foundation. The library was governed by a board established in 1907.