May 14, 1923
The original Marquette Hotel was destroyed by fire, except for its 1920 addition. The Marquette Hotel is located at 719 Central Avenue in downtown Hot Springs (Garland County), near the Hot Springs Convention Center. The building was constructed in the Chicago School style of architecture by the prominent Arkansas firm of Thompson, Sanders and Ginocchio. The Marquette Hotel thrived in conjunction with Hot Springs greatest period of popularity as a resort destination in the early 1930s through the late 1940s.