January 16, 1912

The town of Nimmons (Clay County) was incorporated. It is near the St. Francis River, which forms the border between northeastern Arkansas and the bootheel of Missouri. Nimmons was created as a rail crossing and lumber town early in the twentieth century. The railroad ceased service with the exhaustion of the timber supply. Country roads lead to Nimmons, but no highways pass near the town.

Share

SUPPORT THE EOA

Support the Encyclopedia of Arkansas with a one-time donation or a recurring monthly gift.

MAKE A DONATION TODAY

LATEST POSTS & ENTRIES

Get emails from the Encyclopedia of Arkansas to be notified about the latest blog posts, newest entries, and more.

SUBSCRIBE