March 14, 2012

From humble beginnings in the early 1800s, Little Rock (Pulaski County) has grown into the state’s largest city. Its location on the south bank of the Arkansas River twelve miles southwest of the geographic center of the state made it a natural hub for commerce. At the time that this photograph was shot of Capitol Avenue in 1958, the city had a population of approximately 107,000. Its population in 2010 was 193,524.

Share

SUPPORT THE EOA

Support the Encyclopedia of Arkansas with a one-time donation or a recurring monthly gift.

MAKE A DONATION TODAY

LATEST POSTS & ENTRIES

Get emails from the Encyclopedia of Arkansas to be notified about the latest blog posts, newest entries, and more.

SUBSCRIBE