September 12, 2010
Dexter Harding moved near Pine Bluff (Jefferson County) in the early 1850s to occupy a land grant that he received for his service in the War of 1812. Harding built a three-room house for his family, as well as the towns first saw mill. He soon became a prominent businessman of the area. In the early 1970s, his home, the oldest in the town, was moved and restored. It opened in 1985 as the Dexter Harding Tourist Information Center.