November 19, 2011
Architect Clyde Ferrell designed three courthouses in Arkansas, including the one shown here in Heber Springs (Cleburne County). The old, wood-framed seat of government was moved to make room for the new brick structure on the city square. The brick, flat-roofed building with an octagonal dome was completed in 1915 at a cost of $65,000. When it was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976, it was called one of the more architecturally significant courthouses in Arkansas.