February 6, 2007
The stern-wheel towboat Mary Woods 2 is a reminder of the days of river traffic in the mid-twentieth century. Built in 1931 for the Woods Lumber Company, it served for thirty-six years, pushing logs to saw mills on the White River near Clarendon (Monroe County). Potlatch Forests Inc. donated the boat to Jacksonport State Park in 1967. After restoration, it was moored at the park and has served as a floating exhibit since 1976.