May 27, 2007
The Maurice Bathhouse, named after its owner, William Maurice, was built on Bathhouse Row in Hot Springs (Garland County) in 191112. One of the towns eight surviving bathhouses, it is distinctive with its broad walkway, large front windows, highly decorated lobby, and green tile roof. In 1931, a therapeutic pool was added for the treatment of paralysis. The bathhouse is shown here in this 1907 postcard.