December 10, 2007
After much discussion, citizens of Woodruff County agreed in 1902 to build a new brick courthouse in Augusta. The Romanesque Revival building was designed by noted architect Charles L. Thompson. Unlike most county courthouses, it is located in a residential area. The building has a four-story clock tower, ceramic tile floors, and tile murals. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.