July 30, 2012
During the 1940s, Sudie Barnett served as the director of the Arkansas State University Museum. The museum, which began with only four display cases in 1933, has grown into a 21,000-square-foot facility that preserves impressive history, archaeological, and natural history collections. In 1973, the museum became one of the first in the Southeast to be accredited by the American Association of Museums. Today, it is the largest and most comprehensive museum in northeast Arkansas.