October 13, 2012
Yarnell Ice Cream Company was founded in 1932 after Ray Yarnell purchased the Grisham Ice Cream Company. In more than seventy-five years of business, Yarnell went through many expansions to its physical plant, with the first being in 1951. Shown here is part of the companys state-of-the-art ice creamproducing equipment during the 1960s. The company closed for a time in 2011. In November 2011, Schulze and Burch Biscuit Company of Chicago, Illinois, acquired the Yarnells plant and most of the recipes at auction for a reported sum of $1.3 million. The company relaunched the Yarnells brand in April 2012.