September 26, 2010
Construction on the Saline County Courthouse in Benton began in 1901 when Masonic Lodge No. 34 master Dr. Dewell Gann Sr. laid the cornerstone. Completed in 1902, the building is the third to be used by the county government. In continuous use since its construction, the building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.