March 13, 2010
The Arlington Hotel in Hot Springs (Garland County) has been one of the citys most recognizable landmarks since the first building was completed in 1875. At the time of its construction, it was the largest hotel in the state. Three structures have housed the famous hotel, with the current one built in 1924 and located across the street from the site of the first two. Shown here is a 1969 advertisement touting the hotel as providing Southern hospitality at its best.