August 6, 2009
In 1935, John Elward Brown, founder of John Brown University in Siloam Springs (Benton County), acquired radio station KUOA from the Fulbright Corporation of Fayetteville (Washington County). The station was moved to Siloam Springs, becoming the voice of the university. Today, it remains one of the oldest continuously operating radio stations in the United States. Brown is shown here at the station in 1944.