Old Stone School House
Old Stone School House at Dowdy (Independence County). The school was started by the Cumberland Presbyterian Church in 1859; the building burned in 1926 or 1927, and the present building was constructed in 1928. Stone School was annexed by Cord (Independence County) in 1946, and the building was used as a church until the 1980s, when it was abandoned. Restoration began in the late 1990s.