Jacksonport State Park Museum

Jacksonport State Park Museum; 2014. In 1869, a contract was awarded to Lt. Colonel John Schnable  and Thomas Cox for the construction of the Jacksonport Courthouse using hand-pressed bricks from the Schnable kiln.  The two-story building with its Second Empire architecture was finished in 1872 and turned over to the county.  An effort was begun to restore the building in 1962. Today, the historic building is the Jacksonport State Park Museum.

Jacksonport State Park Museum

Photo by Delana Epperson