February 21, 2007
The Robinson Center Music Hall, originally known as the Joseph Taylor Robinson Memorial Auditorium, was added to the National Register of Historic Places. Opened in 1940, the building underwent extensive renovation in 1973, with underground parking added in the place of the lower performance hall. An attached hotel was erected to the east. At this time, the name was formally changed to the Robinson Center Music Hall. Famous acts continue to appear at the Robinson Center, including traveling Broadway shows such as Les Miserables, Riverdance, and Wicked. Since its renovation, the auditorium seats 2,609.