August 27, 1944
The USS Little Rock, a ship built by Cramp Shipbuilding of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was launched. It was commissioned as CL-92 on June 17, 1945. The USS Little Rock (CL-92) was built as a Cleveland-class light cruiser at the end of World War II and later converted into a guided missile cruiser. The Little Rock was in service for more than thirty years until it was donated to the City of Buffalo, New York, where it is now part of the Naval Museum at the Buffalo and Erie County Naval and Military Park.