December 1, 1912
A fire destroyed the local electrical plant in Sulphur Springs (Benton County). The Sulphur Springs Record was forced to relocate to nearby Gravette (Benton County) during the outage in order to publish. Only in 1914 did construction of a new electrical plant begin, but the damage was already done. Though hotels had their own generators, the Kansas City Southern Railway likely dropped Sulphur Springs as an excursion point during the outage, especially as many local sources of entertainment, such as the merry-go-round at the amusement park, were run on electricity. In 1915, electrical service resumed.