July 12, 1951
Construction was completed on Narrows Dam in Pike County. In 1900, Martin White Greeson, who owned property in Pike County and also owned and operated the Murfreesboro-Nashville Southwest Rail-Road, had started a campaign for a dam on the Little Missouri River to alleviate flooding. Congress finally approved the project in 1941 and authorized $3 million for it. The construction started on June 1, 1948. The dam was named Narrows Dam because of its narrow site; the lake was named Lake Greeson in honor of Martin Greeson.