January 29, 1979
The State of Arkansas formally returned possession of the land on which the Clarksville National Guard Armory stood to the City of Clarksville (Johnson County) for the price of one dollar. Built in 1930, the Clarksville National Guard Armory at 309 College Street is an Art Decostyle building constructed as part of a statewide armory building program to house National Guard companies based in Johnson County. National Guard units used the armory until a new Clarksville armory was constructed in the late 1970s. The Clarksville National Guard Armory is one of the few surviving armories in the state built through the state Military Departments armory construction fund.