January 24, 2007
The Helena National Guard Armory was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Located at 511 Miller Street in Helena-West Helena (Phillips County), the armory is a one-story, brick-masonry structure constructed in 1937 and designed in the Art Deco style of architecture. The armory was home to Battery G, 206th Coast Artillery, which was formed in 1936 and served in Alaska’s Aleutian Islands during World War II. Following the war, the building housed Battery A, 455th Field Artillery Battalion from 1945 to 1956, followed by Battery B, 3rd Battalion, 206th Field Artillery from 1956 to 1967. That unit was reorganized into part of Company C, 2nd Battalion, 153rd Infantry in 1967 and was housed at the armory until its 1978 closure.