Submit a Comment
There are two purposes for comments in the CALS Encyclopedia of Arkansas. Comments can either add information you feel is critical to the understanding of the entry or add information that provides an alternate interpretation of the historical record.
- Length: Comments are limited to 250 words.
- Permissions: Submission of a Comment constitutes your granting permission for the CALS Encyclopedia of Arkansas to use the material on the CALS Encyclopedia of Arkansas website and in any other venue it chooses.
- Criteria: The inclusion of a Comment in the CALS Encyclopedia of Arkansas is entirely at the discretion of the editors. To be selected for inclusion, a comment needs to relate directly to this topic of the entry, not repeat information already in the original entry or in previously posted Comments, and offer information the editors think add to the understanding and/or discussion of the topic.
- Liability: Authors of Comments are responsible for the accuracy of the information. Comments cannot contain libelous material (statements that are false and damaging to a person’s reputation) or contain copyrighted material. Personal attacks on the subject of the entry or the author of the entry will not be accepted. Comments will be signed with your name and affiliation or town.
- Process: After your Comment is submitted, it will be reviewed by our Staff Historian and, if selected for inclusion, lightly edited to adhere to the CALS Encyclopedia of Arkansas’s Style Guide and/or to the 250-word limit.