January 23, 2011
This building located in Winslow (Washington County) once housed the publishing office of the Winslow American newspaper. Maud Duncan and her husband started publishing the paper in 1908. She continued the paper after his death in 1918. The paper was moved to this building after its first location burned in 1935. Since the demise of the paper in 1953, the building has been moved from its original location and, at various times, has served as a museum and a private residence.