November 3, 2012
Carnall Hall, named in honor of an associate professor of English and modern languages at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville (Washington County), was the first young women’s dormitory on the university campus. Constructed in 1906, the building served as a dorm until 1967 when it became a fraternity house. In the early twenty-first century it was marked for demolition, but instead it was saved and restored. Today, it serves as a restaurant and hotel.