May 13, 2011
Western Auto Supply Company started in 1909 as a chain of auto parts stores headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. Specializing in auto parts, the store also sold bicycles and a variety of sporting goods. At its peak, there were 1,200 company-owned stores in larger cities and more than 600 associate stores in small towns. One of those associate stores is shown here during its 1938 grand opening at Waldron (Scott County).