Royal Circle of Friends Hospital

Located at 1200 Chester Street in Little Rock (Pulaski County), the Royal Circle of Friends Hospital was operated by the Supreme Royal Circle of Friends of the World, a black fraternal organization. The fifty-bed general hospital opened in 1921 with Dr. C. M. Auter as superintendent. The hospital closed in 1934. Photograph circa 1930s. John Marshall Robinson was chief surgeon of the hospital from 1929 to 1933.

Multistory house with covered corner porch on street

Courtesy of the UAMS Library’s Historical Research Center