Pfeiffer Stone Quarry

Postcard showing the Pfeiffer Stone Quarry; circa 1907. Pfeiffer was named for the Pfeiffer family of St. Joseph, Missouri, German immigrants who had a marble quarry located in the Pfeiffer area by 1903, when a railroad spur was connected to it.

Piles of cut stone with three white men on quarrying equipment in the background

Courtesy of Kenneth Rorie